EcoSikh Job in Ludhiana – Operations Manager, Guru Nanak Sacred Forests
We are hiring!
Ecosikh Charitable Society is currently looking for candidates to fill the position of “Operations Manager, Guru Nanak Sacred Forests”. The job will be based in Ludhiana, Punjab. The incumbent will be a motivated self-starter who has commitment to the environment, and is able to utilize the knowledge of Sikh teachings and principles to inspire, motivate and work for sustainability projects.
The candidate is expected to have excellent communication in both verbal and written in English and Punjabi, confidence in meeting with people from all walks of life be it governmental, corporates, rural and urban individuals in both formal and informal setups. The candidate should be readily available for outstation site visits which may sometimes require overnight stays.
Job description: Operations Manager, Sacred Forests
Location: Ludhiana/ Punjab
Dated: February 1, 2022
Contract period: 12 Months (can be extended to another 24 months)
Monthly salary will be 30,000/- INR – 36,000/- INR, will be determined based on capability, skills and experience. Travel and other expenses will be compensated by the organization.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Learning and grasping all the needful training to perform in the desired role.
- Query management: Handling forest queries via calls and emails/texts and coordinating site visits and meeting with clients
- Data collection from site visits and recording the entire data into excel sheets etc.
- Creating budget proposals for the clients as per the nature of the project (commercial or social/non-commercial).
- Prioritizing and planning projects with forest coordinators and line manager.
- Arranging logistics for delivering material and allocating staff for the same.
- Management of forest coordinators: understanding their performance, giving them essential training and support for the projects, checking their travelling, arranging boarding and lodging, food etc. for projects, receiving and recording regular updates from sites, giving them necessary directions, receiving their invoices and delivering their pays regularly.
- Forest operations management and documentation: site readiness, soil test reports, species list, material list, quantification of plant species, geo tagging.
- Media follow up: managing pictures and videos received from the forest coordinators for Google maps, EcoSikh social media.
- Report making: creating deliverable annual report of Guru Nanak Sacred Forest Project.
- Nursery management: understanding and up keeping the nursery stock, creating orders for new plants and managing the nursery in-charge under your guidance.
- Monitoring and repair: managing regular monitoring of the finished projects at regular intervals, creating videos and posts during the monitoring visits or calls. Planning repair visits wherever required.
- Regular visits to the mega projects.
- Hiring and training the new forest makers.
- Organizing the visits to source nurseries for sourcing of plants and creating orders.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and other documents pertaining to project work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work within tight deadlines, and maintain high level of productivity.
- Openness to work on occasional evenings and weekends to meet events and project deadlines.
- Openness to work on projects in/out of Punjab as when required and willingness to stay till the finish of the project.
- Regular onsite reporting to line manager (Head of Operations) on daily planning of ongoing, upcoming forest sites.
- The candidate should be well-versed in MS office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word). Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar software will be a useful skill.
Interested candidates can send their resume to “[email protected]” with subject – “Job – Operations Manager, GNSF” along with suitable cover letter explaining their intent.